Hotel Savoy Homan Bandung

shares |

Bandung merupakan salah satu destinasi wisata yang menarik. Beragam jenis wisata ditawarkan Bandung, diantaranya wisata alam, wisata pantai, wisata belanja, dan lain-lain. Rasa-rasanya tidak cukup sehari untuk menikmati keindahan Bandung, saya sendiri ingin berlama-lama apabila berkunjung di Bandung. Oleh sebab itu, bagi seorang traveller, kebutuhan akan penginapan menjadi sangat mutlak untuk tujuan tersebut.
Banyak sekali hotel yang ada di Bandung, salah satu yang memberikan pelayanan prima adalah hotel Savoy Homan Bandung.
Berikut merupakan data penting tentang hotel savoy homan bandung:
Address: Jalan Asia Afrika No. 112, Jawa Barat 40261, Indonesia
Phone:+62 22 4232244


Tentang Savoy Homan, sejarah dan proses pendirian hotel (sumber wikipedia)

The Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel is a historic luxury four stars hotel located on Asia Afrika Street, Bandung, Indonesia. It was built in 1939 replacing the 19th century Homann Hotel. Designed by the Dutch architect Albert Aalbers, the hotel features art deco exterior and interior, and historic furniture. It is an architectural heritage and a fine example of art deco colonial architecture of the East Indies.

After the opening of the Great Post Road in 1810, many colonial cash-crop plantations were established in the Preanger area. During the 19th to early 20th century Bandung has become a popular business, shopping and leisure destination for wealthy plantation owners, in particular in the weekends. As a result the hotel business was blooming in the city. The predecessor of the present hotel, the Homann Hotel was built in 1871–72, owned and managed by the Homann family. It was famous for its delicious Mrs. Homann's Rijsttafel. This first small building was designed in Gothic-Romantic style. In 1939, the hotel was rebuilt in a curved streamlined art deco style, designed by the architect Albert Aalbers. To emphasize its grandeur and luxury the name "Savoy" was added in the 1940s, which remained unchanged until the 1980s. Some of its celebrity guests during the Dutch East Indies era were Charlie Chaplin and Mary Pickford.
Interior of the hotel in the 1950s

During the World War II Japanese occupation (1942–45), the hotel functioned as luxurious barracks for Japanese soldiers. In 1955, when the first Asian–African Conference was held in Bandung, Savoy Homann hosted VVIP guests and became a part of the Historical Walk. Some of the guests were Soekarno, Ho Chi Minh, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, U Nu, Zhou Enlai, Gamal Abdul Nasser, and Tito.

In the 1990s the hotel was renovated and a new wing was added. Today the hotel was bought under the management of Bidakara Group, thus the name changed to Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel.

The hotel has three wings: the Tower Wing, Garden Wing and Millennium Wing. It has a total of 185 guest rooms: 126 Deluxe Rooms, 41 Executive Rooms, 15 Junior Suite Rooms and 3 Homann Suites. Some with balcony, many with original stained glass and other art deco features. One room that has its own fireplace, antique furnitures are being used throughout the years. The Grand Ballroom is a spacious functional room with a capacity of 1,000 guests. There are 14 different dimensions of rooms to accommodate different size of meeting or gathering.

The Garden Restaurant with 150 seating capacity provides Indonesian and European cuisine as well as Asian favorites. The restaurant is located in the atrium in the middle of the hotel, originally it was designed as an open air garden restaurant. Batavia Bar & Lounge has a lounge located in the front of the hotel with the view of Bandung's main street. The Sidewalk Cafe is located on the ground floor at the curved part of the building.

The hotel has a swimming pool, a small children swimming pool, fitness centre and Spa, and a children's Games Room.

Profil Hotel 
Berikut merupakan profil hotel Savoy Homan (sumber : http://www.savoyhomann-hotel.com/profile.html)


Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel is managed by PT Bidakara Savoy Homann Duaribu, a firm established in Bandung on January 22, 2000.

    since January 2000, Savoy Homann Hotel then owned by the Bidakara foundation

The precise date when Savoy Homann Hotel was firstly built is remain unknown, but based on some files, Savoy Homann was built before 1888 and owned by Mr. A. Homann, a German immigrant that stranded in Tatar Priangan around 1870.

On February 1937, the hotel experienced renovation and had been completed by the end of 1939, then referred as Savoy. The new hotel was managed by Mr. F.J.A. Van Es.

After the Japanese Army occupied the hotel and used it as their embarkation in 1942, then in 1945 the place become the International Red Cross office, headed by Captain Gray.

"Savoy Homann“ finally returned to its owner, namely Mr. F.J.A. Van Es in 1946, where he managed the hotel until 1952. After Mr. Van Es passed away, the hotel was managed by his wife, Mrs. Van Es de Brink. At that time, she was still in a deep sorrow after being left by his loving husband, and then she decided to go back to Holland and sold the shares of the hotel to Mr. R.H.M. Saddak .

Between 1960 to 1970, the outstanding reputation of Homann in managing the hotel has led them to become a training center for all hotel employees from the whole archipelagoes.

Savoy Homann was one of the biggest hotel in South East Asia, and it had became a sojourn place of many distinguished delegations for the occasion of Asia Africa Conference, PATA Conference and Asia Africa Islamic Conference.

After a long negotiation process from 1986 to 1987, Mr. R.M. Saddak finally sold his hotel property and handed over the ownership of the hotel to Mr. H.E.K. Ruchiyat, Managing Director of PT Panghegar Group. Then the renovations of the hotel was continued by Mr. H.E.K. Ruchiyat. Some renovations took place especially at the backside of the hotel which then turned into a parking lot and swimming pool. The front side of the building remained as it is preserving its monumental architecture, except the front office, lobby and grand ballroom which was enlarged, as well as its center part of the hotel's garden.

After completed the renovation, Savoy Homann then had 153 rooms and on October 14,1989, a four Star hotel with new brand “ Savoy Homann Panghegar Heritage Hotel “ was officially inaugurated by The Minister of Tourism, Post and Telecommunication, Mr. Soesilo Sudarman.

The economic crisis in 1997 had brought up the negative influences to the growth of tourism industry, specially to hotel businesses. Referring to those reasons, Mr. Ruchiyat, The President Commissioner of PT Panghegar Group, intended to concentrate his hotel business only in one brand, which is Panghegar Hotel. Therefore he decided to sell his shares in Savoy Homann Hotel to other investors.

After several negotiations, since January 2000, Savoy Homann Hotel then owned by the Bidakara foundation. After becoming a member of the Bidakara Group, and changed the name to "Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel", the management intended to bring the hotel to give different nuances to tourism growth in Bandung


Savoy Homann Bidakara Hotel remains its reputation as one of the historical spot in the city of Bandung and still always welcoming their guests with the uniqueness hospitality of the Sundanese peoples.





Related Posts

0 Komentar: